As the name suggests, cable waterproof joints can be applied to environments with water to provide safe and reliable connector joints. The most important thing is to achieve waterproof effects. So how to select the waterproof cable connector? What should be paid attention to during installation and use?
Introduction of cable gland products
The main body, nut and tightening head of the plastic waterproof joint are made of nylon PA66; the nylon pipe fittings are environmentally friendly, non-toxic to the human body, no secondary pollution, suitable for long-term contact with water, non-corrosive, non-toxic, and non-rusting. The static working temperature is suitable for -40℃～100℃, the instantaneous heat resistance can reach 120℃, the dynamic working temperature is -20℃～80℃, and the transient heat resistance can reach 100℃. Special design of clamping jaws and rubber parts, large clamping cable range, strong tensile strength, waterproof, dustproof, saltproof, acid and alkali resistant, alcohol, grease and general lubricants.
The metal waterproof connector is nickel-plated brass, the clamping claw is made of nylon, and the clamping ring uses soft NBR to fasten the cable, so that the cable does not leave marks after the connector is removed; it has good high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, and high pressure resistance. Performance, salt spray test is not less than 200 hours.
Installation and use range:
Generally, one end of the thread is fixed to the shell, and the nut is tightened in the shell to fix it (or on the electric equipment with internal thread according to the selection of the threaded access inlet and outlet), the cable is directly led out of the waterproof connector, and the nut is tightened properly. The cable can be protected.
It is widely used in the fixing and protection of wires and cables of mechanical equipment, electrical, marine electrical and anti-corrosion equipment.
Fastening and sealing of cables. Tightening refers to locking the cable through the waterproof connector, so that the cable does not produce axial displacement and radial rotation, and ensures the normal connection of the cable. Sealing means to isolate water and dust from entering.
1. Determine the IP protection level that the cable connector needs to achieve according to the use environment and requirements of the cable connector;
2. Determine the material and color of the cable joint according to the use environment and requirements of the cable joint;
3. Determine the thread specifications and thread standards to be used in the cable connector;
(Thread standard description: EN60423 metric thread M; DIN40430 German thread PG)
4. Choose a bayonet that is close to the outer diameter of the cable and a bayonet range of about +10% as the specific model;
5. Under normal circumstances, it is recommended that O-ring seals must be used to reach the IP67 technical standard;
6. According to the thickness of the machine board, whether it is necessary to lengthen the thread;
7. If it is used in an explosion or combustible gas environment, an explosion-proof joint is required;
8. If there are electromagnetic compatibility requirements, you need to choose EMC shielded connectors;
9. To check the specifications, please contact Min Bin customer service
1. Different materials of cable waterproof joints are used in different environments;
2. It is recommended to use a torque wrench to tighten (recommended)
3. When requirements above IP65 are required, O-ring seals must be used;
4. In order to ensure that the joint can withstand a certain pressure, it is recommended to add a jacket tube to strengthen insulation and protection;
5. In order to ensure waterproof and longer operation, it is recommended to use double-wall glued heat-shrinkable tubing and insulating tubing for reinforcement;
6. During construction, it is best to use staggered butt connection for the joint lines (that is, the cables do not need to be neatly cut and butt connected);
7. The self-adhesive tapes (or heat-shrinkable waterproof tapes) used are all high-voltage products to ensure insulation safety.